Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Afraid of Differences

My fear of differences suffocates me. Every task has an end-goal. The end-goal is the ideal. There are two ways to accomplish a task: either by comparing the similarities between the work's current status with the end-goal or by comparing the differences between the work's current status with the end-goal. The focus on similarities is a more positive and fulfilling method however this method is prone to having more errors because there will always be similarities between the finished and the unfinished work. If only the similarities are looked for, then the differences will not be found whether they exist or not. If differences between the current work and the end-goal exist, then the end-goal has not yet been manifested. The struggle arises when we realize that an end-goal is an ideal. Because this ideal is in our head, not reality; it can be perfect. In reality nothing can be completely perfect. (writing this; my blood pressure spiked. This upsets me so much that my train of thought stopped and I may have to wait a while to calm down before I continue writing.) Forget it. I've lost it. I'm just going to post as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment